Courtesy of Chef Paul Moran of Aura Restaurant.
1 kombu seaweed
1 L water
50 g dried shiitake mushrooms
20 g bonito flakesSablefish & Assembly
2 piece baby leeks
1 small watermelon radish, cut into 1 cm square cubes
1 medium shiitake mushroom
40 g chicken
1 egg white
100 g panko breadcrumbs
1 whole egg
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 piece (150 g) sablefish
1. Combine kombu, water and mushroom in a pot and start heating it up. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 20 mins.
2. After turning off the heat add the bonito flakes and put a lid or wrap the pot with plastic wrap. Strain after 30 minutes. Add sea salt to taste.Sablefish & Assembly
1. Put the chicken and egg white in a food processor and mix until smooth. Pass the chicken mousse trough a fine tamis and season. Hollow out the shiitake mushroom and place a spoon fool of the chicken mousse inside the shiitake mushroom. Cool down.
2. Whisk one egg in a bowl, have the flour and panko in 2 separate bowls. Roll the shiitake in flour first and shake off the excess. Roll in egg second and in panko to finish.
3. Season the sablefish and roast in the oven.
4. Cook baby leeks, watermelon and jade radish in Dashi broth until tender.
5. Fry off the stuffed shiitake mushroom in canola oil and set aside on a tray.
6. Thinly slice some of the cooked Kombu seaweed.
7. Place the piece of sablefish in a shallow bowl. Garnish with the cooked leek and watermelon radishes. Add some of the sliced Kombu. Pour the broth table-side and garnish with stonecrop and other herbs from the garden.