Roasted Carrot Salad
- serves 4
Cumin-roasted baby carrots with orange segments, frisée, cilantro, yogurt and toasted pistachio nuts.
Courtesy of Taryn Wa of Savoury Chef Foods.
2 bunches baby carrots
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 Tbsp cilantro leaves
1 head frisée lettuce, washed and dried
4 Tbsp plain full-fat Mediterranean-style yogurt
1 Tbsp toasted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
½ orange, peel cut off and cut into segments
1. Trim the greens off carrots and scrub.
2. Blanch carrots: Bring a pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Place carrots a bit at a time into the boiling water, being careful not to crowd them. Keep the water at a consistent boil. Remove carrots after approximately 5 minutes and put into an ice water bath.
3. Toss carrots with all of the cumin and half of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven at 375ºF until cooked through and some pieces are caramelized.
5. Let cool to room temperature.
6. To assemble, lay the carrots on individual plates or a platter. Drizzle with yogurt and garnish with frisée, cilantro, orange segments and pistachios.