Roasted Pepper Penne
- prep time10 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
Vitamin-packed sweet peppers give this easy pasta bright colours and flavours.
500 g penne
4 peppers (an assortment of red, yellow and orange)
¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 Tbsp
1 clove garlic, grated
½ cup shredded Asiago cheese (or you can use Parmigiano, too!)
fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Dice your peppers into bite-size pieces. Toss with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and salt. Place on the baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender and browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. In a big pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean), prepare your pasta according to package directions. Before draining, reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
4. Place the drained pasta immediately back into the pot over no heat. Stir in the reserved water, about 1/4 cup oil and pat of butter. Using a micro plane, grate the clove of garlic into the pasta. You'll want to do this right away while the pasta is hot so it cooks the garlic a bit. Stir in the roasted peppers and cheese.
5. Stir in basil and then sprinkle the top with a bit more cheese, serve and enjoy.