Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Pears with Radicchio and Honey
- serves 6
You can substitute chopped fresh sage or thyme for the savoury here. Bosc pears are my choice for this recipe but any firm pear will do. Yield is 6 servings.
2 lb(s) sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks, (1 1/2-inch)
2 Bosc pear, peeled, cored, cut in wedges
½ head radicchio, di Treviso, cut into wedges
10 cippolini onion, peeled
½ Tbsp chopped fresh savory
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup butter
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
coarse salt, and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes, pears, radicchio and onions in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with savory.
4. Heat garlic, butter, honey and lemon juice in small saucepan on medium heat until butter melts.
5. Pour butter mixture over sweet potato mixture and toss to coat.
6. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
7. Bake sweet potatoes until tender when pierced with a paring knife, tossing occasionally, about 50 minutes.