Roger Mooking's Potato Pancakes
- prep time1 min
- total time 10 min
- serves 4
These pancakes combine perfect potatoes with a hint of butter and garlic.
1 cup 2% milk
½ cup all purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
5 loose cups of chunky mashed potato (using 5 peeled potatoes; preferably Yukon Gold)
1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, beat egg and ½ cup of milk.
3. Add flour and mix well.
4. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Add other ½ cup of milk and mix well.
6. Add mashed potato and mix well.
7. Add green onion and incorporate into mixture.
8. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat.
9. Once pan is hot, spoon mixture in pan forming 4 pancakes.
10. Add butter to pan.
11. Flatten pancakes for even cooking, cook for 4 minutes, then flip.
12. Place pan in oven for 5 minutes until Potato Pancakes are brown and cooked through.