Rolled Turkey and Apple Quesadillas
- prep time10 min
- total time 18 min
- serves 6
These bite-sized rolls are filled with cheesy goodness and crisp apple. This one will be a hit with the kids.
Vegetable oil cooking spray
⅓ cup whipped cream cheese, at room temperature (about 3 oz)
½ Tbsp honey
4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch)
½ small red apple, such as Red Delicious, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
1 cup shredded smoked mozzarella (4 oz)
1 cup shredded mild cheddar (4 oz)
8 thin slices of smoked black forest deli turkey meat (5 oz)
1. Spray a nonstick grill pan or nonstick griddle pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey until smooth. Spread evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Place 2 or 3 apple slices in a single row about 1 inch from the nearest edge of each tortilla. In a small bowl, combine the 2 cheeses. Sprinkle half the cheese mixture on top. Place 2 slices turkey side-by-side on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Tightly roll up each tortilla like a jelly roll.
3. Place the tortilla rolls, seam-side down, on the grill. Cook, turning every 2 minutes, until the tortillas are brown on all sides and the cheese starts to melt. Cool for 10 minutes.
4. Using a sharp serrated knife, slice each tortilla roll into 1-inch pieces.
5. Arrange on a platter and serve.