- serves 0
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 piece Kasseri cheese, 3/4 inch thick by 6 inches long
¾ cup ouzo
½ cup flour
2 Tbsp ouzo
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Substitute brandy for the ouzo if desired.
2. Dip the cheese wedge in the 3/4 cup ouzo or brandy then dredge in flour.
3. Heat oil in an 8-inch cast-iron pan until almost smoking.
4. Add the cheese. Fry approximately 1 to 1½ minutes until golden on one side then turn it over. Fry the other side for another minute.
5. Add 2 tablespoons ouzo or brandy to pan.
6. The cheese will ignite. To extinguish the flame, cover pan with a lid.
7. Squeeze lemon over the cheese and serve.