Salad with Maple Pork and Brie Dressing
- prep time20 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4-6
Whether served as a side salad or a meal on it's own, this dish is sure to please!
2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
1 Tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
¼ cup (60 ml) cranberry juice
1 French shallot, chopped
1 Freshly ground pepper
1 lb(s) (450 g) pork tenderloin
4 cup (1 L) lettuce, washed and shredded
2 cup (500 ml) green or red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup (250 ml) sprouts, your choice (snow pea, corn, etc.)
¼ cup (250 ml) beets, grated
¼ cup (60 ml) dried cranberries
¼ cup (60 ml) white wine
¼ cup (60 ml) chicken broth
5 oz (150 g) Canadian Brie, rind removedTip
1. In a container, mix maple syrup, canola oil, cranberry juice, shallot and pepper.
2. Marinate pork in mixture at least 30 minutes or all day.
3. Drain marinade and pour into a saucepan.
4. Brown pork in a skillet over medium heat and continue cooking in oven at 375oF (190oC) for 12–15 minutes.
5. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
6. Meanwhile, arrange lettuce, cabbage, sprouts, beets and dried cranberries on plates.
7. Boil marinade with white wine and chicken broth at least 5 minutes to reduce by half. Remove from heat.
8. Add Brie to melt it.
9. Top salad with pork and dressing, and serve at once.Tip
1. Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Swiss cheese, Cream cheese.