4 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium is OK)
¾ tsp sesame oil
1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
1 lemon, thinly sliced
4 5-oz salmon fillet portions
1 100 g package enoki mushrooms, trimmed
2 green onions, chopped
1. Have all of the ingredients prepared and on hand before you begin the assembly. Cut 4 sheets of parchment paper, 12-x-16 inches.
2. Stir the soy, sesame oil and ginger together.
3. To assemble the parcels, fold the parchment paper in half to create a crease, then open. Arrange 3 slices of lemon at the bottom of each parchment sheet. Place a salmon portion on top and spoon the soy sauce mixture on each. Top the salmon with the enoki mushrooms and green onions.
4. Fold the parchment to conceal the salmon. Seal the parcel by creating small, 1-inch folds, starting from one folded end and overlapping them until they reach the other side of the fold. This holds in the aromas and juices and the salmon steams within its parcel. Chill the parcel until ready to cook (these can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance).
5. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake until the parcels puff up, 12-16 minutes. To serve, transfer the parcels to each plate and bring to the table. Each guest should tear open the parcel to expose the fragrance and then dive in!