3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 shallots, chopped
2 dried chillies, chopped
6 medium tomatoes, choppied in small chunks
21 jumbo shrimp
9 scallops, sliced in half lengthwise
¾ cup white wine
1 ½ cup pasta (store-bought Italian strained tomatoes)
1 tsp sugar
12 oz dried linguine
3 stalks asparagus, cut into 5cm pieces
chopped basil, to garnish
lemon zest, to garnish
1. Sauté shrimp and scallops in half the butter olive oil. Remove from heat.
2. Sauté shallots, garlic and chili in remaining butter and olive oil for 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until soft.
4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
5. Season softened tomatoes with salt and fresh ground pepper.
6. Add wine, pasta (Italian strained tomatoes) and sugar and simmer for two minutes.
7. Add pasta, shrimp and scallops to the tomato sauce and adjust seasoning. Plate and garnish with chopped basil and lemon zest.