Sauteed Tequila Lime Shrimp Tacos
- prep time5 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
You don't have to give up taco night, just make it low-cal! Only 599 calories per serving.
2-4 tablespoons olive oil
1 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
1 tsp dried chipotle powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1 lb(s) medium uncooked shrimp
3 Tbsp high-quality tequila
1-2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
whole wheat tortillaMango and Pineapple Salsa
1 large ripe mango, chopped
¼ cup red onions, chopped
¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 8 oz can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
salt and pepper to tasteSpicy Black Beans
1 14 oz can of black bean (try organic)
1 Tbsp cumin spice
2 Tbsp red chili flakes
2 tsp fresh minced garlic
2 tsp chopped onion
sea salt/kosher salt to tasteAssembly
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil over low heat.
2. Add in garlic, and cumin spice, chipotle pepper powder; cook 1 minute.
3. Add in shrimp, raise heat to medium high and cook 1 minute, add tequila to skillet; cook for about 3 minutes. Let the tequila reduce. You can flambé if you like! Cook until the shrimp are pink. Do not overcook!
4. Stir in lime juice and cilantro at the end.Mango and Pineapple Salsa
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl, set aside.Spicy Black Beans
1. Add the back beans to a small saucepan, heat on med. Low.
2. Add chopped onion and minced garlic, heat thru.
3. Finish with the chili flakes, cumin, and lightly salt.Assembly
1. Warm thru each whole wheat tortilla over the stovetop.
2. Add the shrimp, garlic, onions, red pepper mixture to each tortilla. Fill as desired.
3. Top off with fresh chopped cilantro, lime and mango salsa, hot sauce if you like. Whatever is to your liking!
4. Add a side of spicy black beans and mango salsa for extra color, vitamin C and fiber!
5. Enjoy with a chilled margarita or your favorite Mexican beer on the beach!