Savoury Cheddar Biscuits
- serves 0
Black Diamond Extra Old Cheddar Cheese adds the unbeatable taste to these cheddar biscuits.
Courtesy of Black Diamond
2 cup (500 mL) all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp (30 mL) sugar
1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
½ cup (125 mL) cold Lactantia Salted Butter
½ pkg (100 g) Black Diamond Extra Old Cheddar Cheese, shredded
¼ cup (50 mL) chopped fresh basil
¾ cup (175 mL) Beatrice buttermilk
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
2. Cut butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbly.
3. Stir in cheese and basil.
4. Add buttermilk to flour mixture, mixing lightly with fork until just combined.
5. Turn dough out onto floured board.
6. Knead gently 20 times.
7. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch (12mm) thickness.
8. Cut with floured 2 1/4-inch (6cm) cookie cutter; place on greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven 9 min.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) and bake 9 min. longer or until golden.