Scallop Crudo with Red Ontario Beets
- prep time10 min
- total time 12 min
- serves 4
4 whole Digby scallops, thinly sliced
2 medium red Ontario beets
1 cup red beet juice
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 leaves horseradish
1 red finger chili
1 lime, zested
1 ½ g xanthan gum
1. Slice thinly the fresh scallops.
2. Peel and thinly slice half of the red beets, and put them in a vac-pack bag with salt and a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Cook in boiling water for 2 min and let cool.
3. Slice the chili and the horseradish leaves.
4. Juice the rest of the beets, and with the help of a hand mixer, slowly add the xanthan gum until it is nice and thick, shiny and smooth.
5. Put the scallops on the plate and apply some salt, sprinkle the lime zest, add the horseradish leaves, the sliced beets, the chili, drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil. With the help of a spoon, add the thick beet juice randomly.