Shrimp and Green Chili Quesadillas
- serves 0
A delicious recipe for Quesadillas with a seafood twist. Spicy green chilis are complimented by tasty Black Diamond cheese.
Courtesy of Black Diamond
2 Tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
8 6- to 7-inch (15 to 18 cm) flour tortillas
1 ¾ cup (425 mL) Black Diamond Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup (250 mL) small or coarsely chopped cooked shrimp
1 can (4 oz/113 mL) chopped green chilis, drained
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped cilantro or thinly sliced green onions
1. Brush 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil over 4 of the tortillas.
2. Place oiled sides down on cookie sheet.
3. Combine cheese, shrimp, green chilies and cilantro; spoon evenly over tortillas.
4. Bake in a preheated 450°F (230°C) oven for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Use a large spatula to turn quesadillas over.
5. Continue baking until tops are golden brown, about 2 minutes longer.
6. Cut quesadillas into quarters.
7. Serve with guacamole and salsa if desired.