Shrimp Fritters with Yuzu Mayo
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 18-20
A quick and easy hors d’oeuvres packed with umami goodness. Miso paste, yuzu juice and gochujang are available in most Asian markets. Courtesy of Kristen Eppich.
1 cup (250 mL) mayonnaise
1 Tbsp (15 mL) yuzu juice
1 ½ tsp (3 mL) gochujangFritters
1 lb(s) (454 g) raw large shrimp (size 31-40)
2 tsp (10 mL) white miso paste
½ tsp (2 mL) garlic, grated
¼ cup (60 mL) green onions, sliced
1 egg white
2 Tbsp (30 mL) chives, chopped
1. Stir mayonnaise with yuzu juice and gochujang in a medium bowl. Reserve.Fritters
1. Peel and clean shrimp, discarding the tail. Coarsely chop.
2. Combine shrimp, miso, ginger and garlic in a food processor. Pulse, scraping down as needed until mixture is combined but still slightly chunky. Scrape into a bowl. Stir in green onions and egg white.
3. Heat oil in a medium mom-stick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture into pan and press down slightly. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 min per side. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Place fritters on a platter and dollop with 1/2 tsp yuzu mayo and sprinkle with chives. Serve warm.