Courtesy of Mata Petisco Bar.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
300 g tiger shrimp, shell and tail off, deveined
1 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
100 g Mozzarella, grated
300 mL 35% cream
salt and pepper, to tasteDough
1 kg all-purpose flour
½ cup vegetable oil
15 g salt
1 tsp vinegar
250 - 300 mL water
1. Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil.
2. Add the shrimp already cut in smaller pieces.
3. Add the tomato sauce. Cook and remove from the heat.
4. In a separated pan, reduce the 35% cream to 50 mL.
5. Add the reduced cream to the shrimp mixture.
6. Add chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Add the grated mozzarella cheese. Cool down.Dough
1. Mix by hand all ingredients.
2. Work the dough in a flat surface with flour. Use a rolling pin to open the dough to the desired thickness (the thinner the better).
3. Cut the dough in rectangles. Place some of the filling in the centre of the rectangular dough.
4. Fold the dough in half. Brush just a bit of water in the sides to help the pastel to close properly.
5. Use a fork to press the sides slightly so the borders are sealed.
6. Deep fry in hot oil (350ºF) until golden brown.