Shrimp Stir-Fry with Fried Egg and Flavoured Vinegar
- serves 0
2 400 g packages thick pre-cooked egg noodles
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ red onion, julienned
2 cup shitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps quartered
2 cloves garlic, chopped
16, 21/25 shrimp, peeled and devained
⅓ cup oyster sauce
⅓ cup water, mixed in with oyster sauce
2 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
3 plum tomatoes, medium dice
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1 ½ cup spinach, roughly choppedFlavoured Vinegar
½ cup white wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp chili oil or chili flakes
1 bunch chives, finely chopped
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp butter
Flavoured VinegarAssembling Stir Fry
1. Soak egg noodles in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok, or a low, wide based pot over high heat.
3. Once smoking hot, add red onion and shitake mushrooms, toss for 1 minute.
4. Add garlic and toss.
5. Add shrimp and toss.
6. Once shrimp has turned pink, add oyster sauce and water mixture.
7. Add ginger and noodles, toss.
8. Add tomatoes and chopped green onions, toss.
9. Remove from heat, add spinach and toss.Flavoured Vinegar
1. Place all ingredients except chives in a bowl.
2. Add chives to bowl before serving.Fried Egg
1. In a non-stick sauté pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
2. Add eggs to pan.
3. Turn heat to high and add butter.
4. Cook eggs until bottoms are crisp and yolks are runny, remove from heat.Assembling Stir Fry
1. Place Shrimp Stir Fry in a bowl.
2. Place 1 Fried Egg over Shrimp Stir Fry.
3. Spoon Flavoured Vinegar with chives over Fried Egg.
4. Enjoy with sliced Chinese Roast Pork.