2 Tbsp (30 mL) butter, divided
12 oz (375 g) boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips
1 Tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tsp (5 mL) each, chili powder and cumin
¼ tsp (1 mL) each, salt and pepper
2 clove garlic, minced
8 small whole wheat tortillas (about 7-inches/18 cm)
1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
1 onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise
1 each, sweet red and green pepper, sliced into strips
1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter in the microwave. Add chicken, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic; mix well and set aside.
3. Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in oven 8 minutes or until heated through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and melt remaining butter. Add mushrooms, onion and peppers; cook stirring frequently for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
5. Transfer to bowl. Add chicken strips to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Return vegetables to skillet; stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
6. Spoon chicken and vegetable mixture over centre of each tortilla and sprinkle with Canadian Cheddar cheese. Serve with suggested toppings.