Slow Cooked Beef Brisket
- serves 0
1 8 lb(s) brisket with fat cap
2 cup apple cider placed in a clean spray bottle
2 loafs of Texas toast bread or sourdough breadCreole Rub
2 ½ Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp dried oregano leaves
2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp dried red pepperBBQ Sauce
Bottle of your favourite tomato based bbq sauce 2 cups
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
1 cup your favourite beer
1. Combine all of the dry rub ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place the brisket on baking tray and rub the dry mixture vigorously into both sides the meat.
3. Cover the brisket with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. In a small bowl whisk the bbq sauce, chipotle peppers and beer.
5. Pour apple cider into a spray bottle.
6. Prepare barbeque for indirect low smoke cooking.
7. Leave 2 sides of the barbeque off and one side on high. Place a drip pan(s) under the grates without heat.
8. Bring the temperature to 220°F (104°C)
9. Place brisket over the drip pan(s) where there is no direct heat.
10. Close the lid of the barbeque and adjust the heat to read 220F (104C).
11. Slow cook for 6-8 hours basting with BBQ sauce every 20 minutes for the last hour.
12. Every hour spray with apple cider to keep the meat moist and add more flavour.
13. Remove the meat from the grill and tent loosely with tin foil for 45 minutes.
14. Slice the meat against the grain and pile on thick sourdough bread with onions and barbeque sauce.
15. Serve and enjoy!Creole Rub BBQ Sauce