Southern-Style BBQ Beef Brisket with Rice and Snap Peas
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 8
3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
⅓ bottle Liquid Smoke
beef brisket (4-6 lbs / 2-3 kg)
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (a dark molasses style is best)
1 ½ cup white rice
3 cup water
½ lb(s) / 225 g snap peas
1. The night before…
Combine Worcestershire and Liquid Smoke together in the bottom of a large cake or lasagna pan. Place the brisket on top of the liquid and keep flipping until the brisket is saturated. Combine the rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix. Sprinkle or rub spice mixture all over the beef. I use my fingers, it’s just more fun. Leave brisket in the pan, cover very tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
2. In the morning…
Pre-heat oven to 250° F (120º C)
3. Transfer beef from refrigerator to oven and bake, tightly covered, for 6 to 8 hours.
4. When you get home from work…
5. Reset oven to 300° F (150º C)
6. Remove beef from oven, slice thinly. Add BBQ sauce to drippings and mix well.
7. Place sliced beef back in pan, making sure all pieces are coated in sauce and return to oven until dinner is ready to serve.
8. 1/2 hour before dinner…
Place rice and water into a microwave safe pot with lid.
9. Cook on high heat for 10 minutes, stir, and then cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Let rest.
10. Serve beef with rice and fresh snap peas on the side.
11. Tip; This meat is also a great leftover for sub night.