Spaghetti Alla Vongole with Bottarga
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
A medly of seafood, fresh herbs and cherry tomatoes makes up this delicious and hearty pasta dish.
1 lb(s) spaghetti
2 lb(s) clams, or QB
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried chili flakes
½ lb(s) cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 bunch parsley, chopped
4 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Salt, to taste
2 Tbsp bottarga, grated
1. Clean your clams in cold water. Discard any that are already open. Put a big pot of water for the pasta on and let it heat up to a boil and add salt.
2. In a frying pan on medium, heat up some olive oil and add in some thinly sliced garlic and chili flakes.
3. When the garlic turns slightly golden turn the heat up to high, add in the clams and gentle shake the pan. Put the lid on the pan for about a minute, then add half of your parsley and continue steaming the clams with the lid on until they’ve fully opened. This should take three to five minutes.
4. Discard any clams that haven’t opened and add about half of your bottarga. Cook your pasta in the salted boiling water until slightly before the al dente stage.
5. Finish each serving with a drizzle of olive oil, parsley and grated bottarga.