- serves 6
Source: David Kannenberg
3 lb(s) fresh cultured blue mussels
½ lb(s) chorizo sausage, sliced
½ cup onion, sliced
2 clove garlic, minced
1 cup salsa
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Rinse the fresh blue mussels in tap water.
2. In a large frying pan, sauté the sausage and onion in olive oil until onion is golden. Transfer sausage and onion to medium-sized pot and lay cleaned fresh blue mussels on top.
3. Add wine, salsa, and garlic. Cover. Steam for 4 – 7 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve on a large platter with sliced French bread.