Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells with Caesar Salad
- prep time20 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 4
3 ½ oz oz or 100 g frozen chopped spinach
⅓ cup cup feta cheese
1 cup 1 cup ricotta cheese
½ cup cup cottage cheese
¼ cup cup parmesan cheese
½ mozzarella cheese
1 1 shallot, shredded or finely chopped
1 1 egg
1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
24 large 24 large pasta shells (conchiglioni rigati)
Prepared spinach-cheese mixture
24 oz 24 oz or 700 ml tomato-basil pasta sauce
1 heads 1 head of Romaine lettuceEasy Caesar Dressing
3 Tbsp 3 tbsp gourmet Caesar salad dressing
3 Tbsp 3 tbsp lowest fat mayonnaise
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
Bacon bits (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine thawed and drained spinach, feta cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, shallot, egg, and olive oil. Set aside in fridge.
3. Add manicotti pasta shells to pot of boiling water. Set timer for 5 minutes- you just want them softened.
4. Drain and rinse pasta in a colander under cold water.
5. Spray 2 pieces of plastic wrap with cooking spray.
6. Place drained pasta shells on one sheet of plastic wrap and cover with second piece of wrap.
When you arrive home…
7. Stuff the cheese mixture into each shell with a small spoon, placing in a large baking pan, stuffed side up.
8. Cover with pasta sauce.
9. Tear lettuce in bite size pieces directly into salad spinner. Rinse and spin dry.
10. Arrange lettuce on serving plates.
11. Blend salad dressing with mayonnaise in a coffee mug and drizzle evenly over lettuce.
12. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add bacon bits and croutons if you like.Easy Caesar Dressing