1 10-oz box frozen leaf spinach, thawed, drained
4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 small clove garlic, grated
¼ cup canned artichoke hearts (about 2), drained well and coarsely chopped
¼ cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-oz box), thawed
1 16-oz wheel of Brie
Crackers and crostini, for serving
1. Put the spinach in a clean kitchen towel over a bowl or the sink and twist to squeeze out all the moisture. Coarsely chop.
2. Put the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and garlic in a large bowl; mix vigorously until combined and smooth. (If you prefer, you can use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.) Add the spinach to the cream cheese mixture, breaking it up as you add it. Add the artichokes, mozzarella and Parmesan, mixing to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk the egg with a splash of water in a small bowl. Roll out the puff pastry to a 13-by-12-inch wide rectangle. Cut a 1-inch wide strip of dough off the shorter end to create a 12-by-12-inch square, reserving the strip for decorating. Transfer the square to the prepared baking sheet. Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the dough. Top with the chilled spinach-artichoke mixture. Fold the puff pastry up and over the brie, brushing the edges with a little egg wash and pinching to seal. Form the reserved strip of dough into a bow. Brush a little egg wash on the center of the pastry and gently press the bow on top to secure. Brush the bow and the entire exterior of the pastry with the egg wash, then return it to the refrigerator to chill, about 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
5. Bake until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let sit for 15 minutes, then serve warm with crackers and/or crostini.
Source and Credits
Courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
Copyright 2019 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.