Spooky Apple Cider Punch
- prep time15 min
- total time 17 min
- serves 4 - 8
A refreshing and fun way to serve up some punch at your next Halloween party!
Courtesy of Bob and Carlene Deutscher of BS' in the Kitchen.
4 cups apple cider
2 cups Sprite (or other sparkling soda)
1 cup cranberry juice
2 sticks cinnamon
2 - 4 apples (2 for a small punch bowl, 4 for a wider punch bowl)
2 whole cloves per apple (optional)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 250°F.
2. While oven is preheating, peel the skin off all of your apples and slice them in half, removing the core with a melon baller. Cut faces using the round side (I used the smaller side of my melon baller, along with a paring knife to cut out the faces).
3. Once sliced in half, and given a face, place the apple on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for about 2 hours until apples have shrunk a bit, and become wrinkly. Push a clove into each eye socket of your apple.
5. Mix ingredients for punch together, place your apples into the bowl, along with the cinnamon sticks.
6. Serve and enjoy!