Sriracha Peanut Butter Crunch Donuts
Courtesy of Josie Rudderham of Cake & Loaf Bakery.
6 cups cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
4 egg yolks
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
canola oil, for fryingPeanut Butter Glaze
1 cup boiling water
¾ cup peanut butter
10 - 12 cups icing sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 Tbsp Sriracha, or to taste
1 tsp vanillaSriracha Nut Brittle
1 cup white sugar
½ cup light corn syrup
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup water
1 cup roasted peanuts
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp SrirachaAssembly
Sriracha Nut Brittle, chopped into chocolate chip-sized chunks
2 cups peanut butter chips
2 cups dark chocolate rice crisps
3 cups hard pretzels, chopped
100 g dark chocolate, for drizzling
1. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and freshly grated nutmeg together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Combine the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla in the bowl of your mixer. Using the paddle attachment mix on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Roll out the dough between sheets of parchment to 1/2-inch thick and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from fridge and cut into donut shapes. Fry for 90 seconds per side at 350ºF.Peanut Butter Glaze
1. Combine water and peanut butter in a mixer on medium and whisk until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth. Add more or less Sriracha to suit your tastes.Sriracha Nut Brittle
1. Bring sugar, corn syrup, salt, water and roasted peanuts to a boil and boil without stirring until it reaches 300ºF.
2. Stir in butter, baking soda and Sriracha. Pour onto a well-greased surface.Assembly
1. Dip warm donuts into the glaze and immediately sprinkle the topping mixture over top. Melt dark chocolate and drizzle it over the donuts.