4 ½ cups (1.125 L) granulated sugar
2 cups (500 mL) sliced apples
1 ½ cups (375 mL) fresh straberries, hulled and chopped
¼ cup (50 mL) lemon juice
1 pkg (6 oz/ 170 mL) Certo liquid pectin
1. In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine sugar, apples and strawberries. Mix well.
2. Bring fruit mixture to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat. Stir in lemon juice; cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove pan from heat, add 1 pouch of liquid Certo and stir fruit mixture for 5 minutes. Let cool.
4. Pour cooled fruit mixture into blender; pulse briefly to combine flavours.
5. Spoon into jars and cool completely. Seal jars and refrigerate until needed, or serve immediately.