Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- prep time1 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 20
Homemade jalapeno poppers are the perfect party snack.
10 jalapeno pepper
¼ cup light cream cheese
¼ cup salsa
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Wearing rubber gloves to protect hands cut peppers in half lengthwise.
3. With small knife, scrape out seeds and membranes, leaving stem intact.
4. In bowl, combine Cheddar cheese, cream cheese and salsa; blend in 1/4 cup (50 mL) bread crumbs.
5. Spoon filling into each pepper half.
6. In small bowl, toss together remaining bread crumbs, parsley and butter.
7. Top each jalapeño with bread crumb mixture. (Make-ahead: cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
8. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp.