Surf 'N Turf Kebabs with Béarnaise Sauce
- prep time30 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 4
Ricardo prepares succulent yet smokey kebabs served with a buttery bearnaise sauce.
1 lb(s) filet mignon, cut into 16 cubes
¾ lb(s) lobster tails, peeled and deveined, cut into 12 slices (about 2 lobsters)
4 wood skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Salt and pepperDry Rub
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dry mustard
½ tsp paprika (mild or hot)
½ tsp celery seeds
½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
½ tsp saltBéarnaise Sauce
¼ cup white wine
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 shallot, finely chopped (about 60 ml/1/4 cup)
2 egg yolks
¾ cup butter, melted and cooled
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
1. Preheat the barbecue, setting the burners to high, or use a grill pan.
2. Thread 4 beef cubes on each skewer, alternating with 3 lobster slices. Brush with oil. Grill until done to your liking, turning frequently, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the Béarnaise Sauce and steamed asparagusDry Rub
1. In a bowl, combine all the dry rub ingredients. Add the cubed meat and coat well.Béarnaise Sauce
1. Place the wine, vinegar and shallot in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Season with pepper. Reduce until about 45 ml (3 tablespoons) of liquid remain.
2. In the top of a double boiler, whisk the eggs and wine reduction until thick and frothy. Remove the top of the double boiler and place on a cool surface. Add the butter in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. Add the tarragon. Adjust the seasoning. Keep warm.