2 cup sushi rice
4 cup water
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
¼ cup horseradish
Drop of green food coloring
1 can tuna, drained
2 dill pickles, sliced into strips
1 avocado, cut into long slices
1 carrot cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
4 sheets of nori paper
Soya sauce, for dipping
Pickled ginger, for garnish
1. Rinse sushi rice under cold water and then put into a medium saucepan along with the water.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover with a tight fitting lid and let simmer until all of the water has been evaporated.
3. Turn heat off, and let the rice rest covered for fifteen minutes. Turn out into a large bowl.
4. Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved.
5. Sprinkle over the hot rice and toss well until the rice is coated well.
6. Let cool.
7. Whisk together the horseradish and green food coloring.
8. Lay a sushi mat, or large piece of doubled-up plastic wrap onto a flat work surface and place a sheet of nori down.
9. Put about half a cup of rice on the nori and flatten it down, leaving at least a one-inch border at either end.
10. Spread with some green horseradish and then spoon some tuna, a few slices of pickle, avocado and any variety of prepared vegetables along the edge closest to you.
11. Begin to roll the sushi, pressing it with your fingers to create a tight roll.
12. Moisten the edge of nori to seal it and then repeat with the rest of the nori.
13. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and serve with soya sauce and pickled ginger.