Sweet Potato & Spinach Frittata with Fresh Sweet Onion Salsa
- serves 4-6
A fresh, easy, tangy dish to make weeknights special.
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ¼ cup (300 mL) shredded Canadian Asiago cheese, divided
¾ cup (175 mL) shredded Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese
¼ cup (50 mL) 2 % milk
1 Tbsp (15 mL) butter
3 cup (750 mL) peeled, diced sweet potato (1 large, about 1 lb / 500 g)
4 cup (1 L) coarsely chopped spinachFresh Sweet Onion Salsa
1 cup (250 mL) chopped, seeded tomatoes
⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped sweet onion
¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Position oven rack 6-inches (15 cm) from broiler. Preheat broiler.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 3/4 cup (175 mL) Canadian Asiago cheese, Canadian Medium Cheddar cheese and milk.
3. In 12-inch (30 cm) non-stick ovenproof skillet, over medium heat, melt butter, add sweet potatoes; cover, stirring occasionally and cook 5 to 6 min or until sweet potatoes are almost tender. Add spinach and cook uncovered, about 1 to 2 min or until slightly wilted. Reduce heat to medium-low; pour egg mixture over vegetables; cover and cook for 5 to 6 min or until bubbles are coming through mixture and bottom is golden brown (eggs won't be fully set.)
4. Remove cover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Asiago cheese. Broil for 1-1/2 min or until egg is set and cheese is bubbling and slightly browned. Let stand 5 min; run spatula around outside edge of skillet to release frittata.
5. Slice and serve immediately with Fresh Sweet Onion Salsa.Fresh Sweet Onion Salsa
1. In small bowl combine tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.