- serves 0
1 cup bulgur wheat
1 cup boiling water
Juice of 3 lemons
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp chopped garlic
3 green onions sliced thinly
4 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
3 Tbsp fresh chopped mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the bulgur wheat in a bowl. Pour over boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap. Set-aside until swollen and tender, approximately 30 minutes.
2. Fluff the bulgur wheat with a fork.
3. Add the lemon juice and oil to the bulgar wheat and mix well.
4. Add the chopped parsley, mint, tomatoes, green onion and garlic.
5. Mix to combine and season to taste.