Tex Mex Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers
- prep time25 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4 - 6
Cauliflower rice is a genius way to add even more vegetables into these hearty stuffed peppers.
1 head cauliflower, quartered
2 Tbsp oil
Salt and pepper to tasteStuffed Peppers
3 cups cooked cauliflower rice
1 cup corn kernels
½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup diced tomatoes
½ cup cheddar, grated
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chili powder, or more to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
1. Place two quarters of cauliflower in food processor and buzz until it reaches the texture of rice. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the first batch of cauliflower rice, season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with the next batch.
3. Store cauliflower rice in an airtight container.Stuffed Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower rice, corn, black beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. Place stuffed peppers on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Store peppers in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.