Thai Coconut Curry Corn Soup
- serves 4
A tasty, warming soup that packs a punch!
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
6 cobs corn, shucked and kernels removed
½ cup Curry Paste (see recipe)
3 can coconut milk
1 puck palm sugar
fish sauce, to taste
juice of 3 limes
¼ bunch fresh cilantro leaves, picked and washed
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely juliennedCurry Paste
2 ½ inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly sliced
3 shallots, peeled and roughly sliced
4 clove garlic, peeled
1 tsp fish paste, roasted in oven until dry and aromatic
4 kaffir lime leaves
2 sticks lemongrass, white ends reserved and sliced
¼ bunch cilantro roots, washed
Thai chilis, to taste
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1. Heat pot on high and add vegetable oil. Add curry paste and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add corn kernels to pot and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and blend with a submersion blender until smooth.
4. Season with palm sugar, fish sauce, and fresh lime juice until flavour is balanced with sweetness, heat, saltiness, and sourness.
5. Serve in a small bowl, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves, julienned kaffir lime leaves, and a lime wedge.Curry Paste
1. Place all ingredients in a bar blender with a small amount of water. Puree until smooth. Can be refrigerated for up to one week, or frozen in portions.