- prep time20 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 6
Nope, this isn't a recipe for various renditions of Thanksgiving fowl. Your sweet tooth will thank you, though!
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
30 candy corn candies, plus 6 white tips of candy corn
6 chocolate sandwich cookies
6 mini peanut butter cups
6 malt balls
1 cup Red Frosting, recipe follows
6 chocolate sandwich cookies, with top cookies removedRed Frosting
½ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp whole milk
Red food coloring, as needed
1. Place the chocolate chips in a medium stainless steel or glass bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. For each turkey, push 5 candy corn candies, tip-side down, into the cream filling of a chocolate sandwich cookie to make the feathers for the turkey. Lay the cookie on a work surface.
3. Dip the flat, larger end of a peanut butter cup in the melted chocolate allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place the peanut butter cup, chocolate-dipped end down, onto the sandwich cookie.
4. Dip a malt ball into the melted chocolate allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl. Place the malt ball above the peanut butter cup to make the head of the turkey.
5. Place the Red Frosting in a piping bag. Using scissors, cut a small opening in the end of the piping bag. Pipe a small piece of frosting under the malt ball to make the turkey's beard.
6. Place a cookie (with top half removed) on a platter. Stand the turkey upright into the cream filling. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.Red Frosting
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Beat on low speed until combined. Increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture is smooth. Color the frosting by mixing in 1 drop of red food coloring at a time until the desired color is reached.