The Fawn Cocktail
- serves 1
Courtesy of Connor Gotoweic of Blacktail Florist.
15 mL Beefeater gin
30 mL Dubonnet
homemade blackberry syrup*
sparkling wine*Blackberry Syrup
2 lb(s) fresh blackberries
5 cup sugar
5 cup water
1. Mix all ingredients together in a shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and fine strain into a champagne flute or coupe. Top with sparkling wine.*Blackberry Syrup
1. Over low/medium heat, add blackberries to a medium sized pot. Allow berries to reduce.
2. When berries turn slightly pale in colour, strain pulp through a sieve. Reserve blackberry reduction (approximately 2 c). Discard pulp.
3. In a separate pot, bring 5 cups of water to a light boil and gradually add 5 cups of sugar, allowing it to dissolve.
4. Once sugar is dissolved, set aside to cool. Add blackberry reduction and stir until thoroughly mixed.