1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine cream and 3 Tbsp maple syrup. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir flour with baking powder and salt. Using your hands, work in butter until mixture becomes crumbly. Gradually add cream mixture, stirring until dough comes together. Turn out dough onto a floured work surface and gently pat or roll into a 1/2-inch thick disc. Using a 3 1/2-inch round cutter, stamp out rounds and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Brush tops with maple syrup. Bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
1. In a small bowl, stir mustard with 2 Tbsp maple syrup. Set aside.
2. Pat bacon dry using a paper towel. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp oil then bacon, cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Wipe pan clean and add remaining oil. Crack eggs into pan, breaking yolks if desired. When whites are almost set, cover and cook 30 seconds more.
3. To assemble, cut 4 biscuits in half. Smother both halves with maple-mustard mixture. Top bottom half with cheese, bacon, egg and apple slices. Sandwich with remaining biscuit half.
Source and Credits
Recipe courtesy of Lindsay Guscott