The Heartstopper Club
- prep time15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 1
This sandwich is not for the faint at heart especially with cheese, bacon, pulled pork and aioli! Courtesy of Pig Vicious Truck.
3 slices sourdough French bread
Vicious Sauce or Sriracha hot chili sauce
1 cup pulled pork, cooked and still warm
1 slices cheddar cheese
5 jalapeno slices
Aioli or your favorite sandwich spread
3 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and still warm
3 flaps red leaf lettuce
2 slices juicy red tomato
A sprinkling of basil and oregano
1 sweet petite pickle
1. This sandwich can be made using a grill, griddle, or frying pan.
2. Toast the three slices of bread so that the middle is soft and the outside is crunchy—a little on the crunchy side is preferable as the bread will be supporting a lot of weight.
3. Squirt the Sriracha hot chili sauce on one slice of toasted bread, to taste. Top with pulled pork.
4. Fry an egg up, leaving it a little runny. Place the egg on the sandwich.
5. Using the heat from the fried egg, place the slice of cheddar cheese on the egg and melt to your desired consistency. Press the slices of jalapeno into the melting cheese.
6. Spread the second slice of toasted bread with aioli and add it to the sandwich.
7. Cut the bacon to size and assemble atop the aioli. Add the red leaf lettuce, tomato, basil and oregano. Top with the final slice of toasted bread. Serve with pickle.