The Lux Quesadilla
- prep time5 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 1
The lux can be served with a drizzle of your favorite balsamic glaze or a fresh salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Andrew Cayabyab and Kathleen Rodriguez of Quesa Divas.
3 oz boneless chicken breast
3 spears asparagus
2 Tbsp butter
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 oz Colby cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
3 button mushrooms, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 Tbsp dry white wine
salt and pepper, to taste
1 10-inch flour tortillas
1. Set flat top grill or frying pan to medium-high heat. Cut chicken into small cubes and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until done—about 6 minutes—or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF. Set aside.
2. Clean and chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces, and then sauté in 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
3. Fry the bacon slices over medium-high heat until crispy—about 10 minutes. Then crumble. Set aside.
4. Over medium heat, sauté shallots in butter for 1 minute, then add garlic and sauté for another minute. Then add mushrooms and sauté for 3 more minutes. Add wine and reduce until all ingredients turn into a paste-like consistency—about 5 minutes. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
5. Place half of the cheese on half on the tortilla. Spoon duxelle (mushroom mixture) evenly over cheese. Scatter with asparagus, chicken and bacon. Place remaining cheese on top. Fold tortilla and heat on grill or fry pan until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden.