Thin Crust Pizza with Fruit Skewers
- serves 4
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 lb(s) small cantaloupe (450 g)
1 lb(s) large bunch red grapes (1 lb / 450 g)
8 fresh strawberries
4 Bamboo skewers
4 6 inch tortillas
1 tsp olive oil
¾ cup pizza sauce or basil pesto
1 small red and yellow pepper
¼ of a purple onion
6 brown mushrooms
½ cup Feta cheese
8 black olives
1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
If you like things spicy sprinkle with crushed chiliesHealthy Poppy Seed Dressing (O
¼ cup Lowest Fat Mayonnaise
¼ cup French Vanilla Yogurt, Low-Fat
¼ tsp Poppy Seeds
Whisk in a tiny bit of 1% milk if you like your dressing a little runnier
1. Take out equipment and ingredients. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Scrub the outside of cantaloupe. Remove seeds then cut into 1" thick cubes. Wash grapes and strawberries.
3. Thread prepared fruit on skewers and set aside.
4. Combine mayonnaise, yogurt and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Stir to blend, using whisk or a fork, until smooth.
5. Set aside on table. You may want to enjoy the fruit skewers as an appetizer.
6. Place tortillas on a cookie sheet on center oven rack and bake for 7-10 minutes. Check often. When bottom crusts are browned, pizza is ready but you may want to broil a bit to help the cheese bubble.Healthy Poppy Seed Dressing (O