Toblerone Rice Pudding
- prep time10 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 4
This rich, creamy rice pudding topped with toblerone and almonds will have you licking the bowl for every last bit of goodness.
½ cup almond slivers (125 ml)
2 Tbsp honey (30 ml)
1 tsp salt (5 ml)Pudding
3 Tbsp butter (45 ml)
1 cup Arborio rice (250 ml)
3 cup milk (750 ml)
½ cup granulated sugar (125 ml)
1 vanilla bean, opened and seeds scraped
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup icing sugar (60 ml)
2 cup Toblerone chocolate, chopped
1. For the almond slivers. Heat almond slivers in a pan until they become golden brown. Lay almonds on a tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Set aside.Pudding
1. In a pot melt butter on medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stir, coating rice in browned butter for another 2 minutes. Add milk, sugar, vanilla bean and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, stirring every five minutes for about 45 minutes until rice is cooked but still al dente. Remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap, let cool, then put in the refrigerator.
2. In a small pot heat half of the cream, add chocolate and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
3. In a bowl whip cream with icing sugar. Set aside in fridge.
4. Fold whipping cream into rice pudding mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours. Dish rice pudding into small serving bowls and garnish with chocolate ganache and almond slivers on top.