Tomato Cheese Tart
- prep time1 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 0
Savoury topped tomatoes on a crisp buttery tart.
7 sheet Phyllo pastry
¼ cup melted butter
2 Tbsp Dijon – style mustard
7-8 large ripe tomatoes, sliced ¼ “ thick
2 cup grated Emmenthal cheese
1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
12 fresh Basil leaves for garnish
A pinch of coarse salt
A grinding of crack black pepper
1. On a large baking sheet, brush melted butter on the phyllo sheets, stacking them on top of each other as you build your pie crust. You may want to stagger the sheets a little bit to ensure that the baking tray is well covered allowing a little bit of an edge.
2. On the top layer, brush on the mustard. Grate the cheese and spread out over pastry to ensure even coverage. Lay tomato slices generously, all over, overlapping as needed.
3. Season with coarse salt and cracked black pepper. Sprinkle on some thyme leaves
4. Bake in a 400 degree oven, for about 25 minutes or until pastry is crisped and browned at the edges.
5. Garnish with some fresh large basil leaves. Add another sprinkling of coarse salt. Cut into squares. Good served hot, warm or at room temperature.