Turkey Burger with Feta
- prep time15 min
- total time 31 min
- serves 6
Forget classic cheeseburgers; try a healthier spin with turkey and feta!
Recipe courtesy of Krinos Foods Canada
1 ½ lb(s) ground turkey
2 clove garlic, minced
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 cup crumbled Krinos Feta Cheese
¼ cup drained, chopped Krinos sun-dried tomatoes in oil
¼ cup diced onions
2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tsp Krinos dried oregano
salt and fresh ground pepper, to tasteTopping
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp drained Krinos capers
1 tsp each lemon zest and juice
6 burger buns
Lettuce and sliced tomatoes
½ cup Krinos tzatziki sauce
1. Pre-heat barbecue grill to high for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine burger ingredients and mix to combine, being careful not to over mix. Shape into 6 patties, each 1/2–inch (1 cm) thick.
3. Reduce heat to medium and place burgers on lightly greased grill, cover and cook for about 8 minutes on each side or until an instant-read thermometer inserted sideways into the centre reads 165F (74C).
4. Meanwhile, in a skillet melt butter over medium heat and sauté mushrooms until golden. Stir in capers, lemon zest and juice and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Place burger patties on buns. Top with lettuce, tomato and mushroom mixture. Serve with tzatziki. Enjoy!Topping