Turkey Cutlets with Squash, Swiss & Honey Sauce
- prep time30 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 4
Elegance and heartiness all rolled into one flavourful dish.
1 small butternut squash, cut in half
1 Tbsp (15 ml) old-fashioned mustard
2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil
4 large turkey cutlets of approx. 5 oz (150 g) eachSauce
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
⅔ cup (160 ml) Canadian Swiss, diced or grated
1 Tbsp (15 ml) flour
3 Tbsp (45 ml) milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Cook squash in microwave oven 6-8 minutes or until tender. Mash until a purée texture, add mustard, 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter and seasonings.
3. Arrange cutlets on the work surface. Spread purée on each of them. Roll cutlets and fix with toothpicks or tie up with string.
4. In a skillet, heat oil and melt in 1 tbsp (15 ml) of butter over high heat. Brown the stuffed cutlets 1-2 minutes on each side.
5. Arrange in an ovenproof plate and season. Bake in oven, uncovered, 12-15 minutes.Sauce
1. Meanwhile, sauté the green onions in skillet for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the broth and honey. Let simmer 3-4 minutes.
2. Toss cheese with flour, and add it to the sauce. Melt gently, add the milk and adjust seasoning.