Two Cheese and Corn Baked Risotto
- prep time1 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
This creamy cheese and vegetable risotto will be loved by kids and adults.
1 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 cup each chopped sweet red and green pepper
1 cup another short grain Italian rice
1 cup arborio
2 ½ cup hot water
2 cup corn, kernels
1 cup milk
2 tsp all purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp pepper
2 cup shredded white old cheddar cheese
⅓ cup chopped basil
1 tomato, sliced
1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and red and green peppers, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Add rice; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4. Add water and corn; bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
6. Whisk together milk, egg, flour, salt and pepper; stir into rice mixture along with Cheddar and basil.
7. Pour into greased 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish.
8. Arrange tomato over top; sprinkle with Parmesan.
9. Bake dish on baking sheet for 25 to 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
10. Let stand for 5 minutes.