Vegan Coconut Doughnuts
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 116
Recipe courtesy of Sharon Wilson of Tiger!Tiger!.
You might also like these Vegan Desserts Even Non-Vegans Will Love.
4 ½ cups soy milk
⅔ cup agave syrup
2 ½ oz fresh yeast
½ oz salt
4 lb(s) all-purpose flour
½ cup oil (vegetable, canola or anything neutral)
Coconut Glaze (see recipe below)
toasted coconut, for garnishGlaze
1 can #10 coconut milk
2 lb(s) confectioners' sugar
½ vanilla bean, scraped
1. In a large mixer whisk yeast into soy milk, agave and oil. Add flour and salt. Mix on first speed until comes together and 3 minutes on second speed.
2. Let rise 45 minutes in a warm place.
3. Fold dough and let rise until doubled in size.
4. Shape into one 1 oz balls. Poke a hole in with your finger and stretch a little. Let proof until puffy, about 20 minutes.
5. Deep fry in 350ºF oil until golden. Flip over so both sides cook evenly. Glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut.Glaze
1. Heat over medium heat until thick.