Vegetable Polenta Cakes
- serves 5
Courtesy of chef Susur Lee. Read the full article here.
This dish is easy to make and perfect as a pre-prepared lunch.
5 cup water
1 cup cornmeal
2 Tbsp sweet peas
2 Tbsp corn
2 Tbsp red pepper (diced)
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Bring water to a boil, season with salt.
2. Once polenta has thickened (approx. 30 min)
3. When ready to make polenta cakes, lift polenta out of the dish, remove saran wrap & place polenta on cutting board. According to desired shape-use either round cookie cutter or cut polenta into large squares.
4. Place saute pan over med heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
5. When oil is hot, add cakes & cook until golden brown on both sides (turning as little as possible).