Vegetable Salad Rolls
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 8
Restaurant-style salad rolls with a mouthwatering cashew dipping sauce!
½ pkg rice noodles
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
8 large rice paper rounds
½ cup finely shredded zucchini
¼ cup finely shredded carrot
⅓ cup finely shredded cabbage
2 Tbsp chopped unsalted cashews
1 green onion, sliced on an angle
¼ cup fresh basil leaves (preferably Thai basil)
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh coriander leavesCashew Dipping Sauce
3 clove 3 garlic cloves, minced
tsp finely grated fresh ginger
¼ tsp chili pepper flakes
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 Tbsp cashew butter
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 cup water
1. In a bowl soak, noodles in very hot water to cover 15 minutes and drain well in a colander. Reserve half of noodles for another use. With scissors cut remaining noodles into 3- to 4-inch lengths and in a small bowl toss with vinegar and salt to taste.
2. In a shallow baking pan (or a pie plate works well) dip a round of rice paper in hot water until pliable, just about 15 seconds.
3. Carefully lay rice paper on a tea towel. Arrange a bit of zucchini, then carrot, then cabbage in a row at one end of rice paperl. Spread a small handful of rice noodles over and sprinkle with cashews and green onion. Top with basil leaves, mint and coriander. Tightly roll up rice paper, folding in sides when half rolled. (Don’t worry if the first one is messy – it usually takes at least one to get the feel of rolling the salad rolls). Repeat with remaining rice paper rounds. Wrap rolls with damp paper towel, store in a resealable bag and chill.
4. Salad rolls can be made up to a day in advance. To serve, slice each roll in half diagonally and serve with cashew dipping sauce.Cashew Dipping Sauce
1. Bring all ingredients up to a simmer in a saucepot over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Serve sauce warm or at room temperature.