2 Tbsp canola oil
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp chili sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp water
1/4-inch flat rice noodles
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
8 scallions, white and green parts separated and chopped
2 cups bean sprouts
1 red bell pepper, slivered
2 Tbsp roasted salted peanuts, chopped
1. Cook the noodles as directed on the package and drain.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the juice from 1 lime, soy sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar.
3. In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and stir for 15 seconds, then add the white chopped scallions and red pepper. Cook for 1 minute, then push to the side of the pan and cook the whisked eggs until scrambled. Add carrot shreds, and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Mix in the noodles along with 1 tablespoon of water. Once mixed, pour in soy sauce mixture and bring to a simmer.
5. Mix in bean sprouts and green scallions.
6. Plate the dish, and sprinkle on the crushed peanuts.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Bon appétit!