2 Tbsp vegetable oil
3 clove garlic, minced
1 large Spanish onion, small dice
2 large red bell peppers, small dice
2 large yellow bell peppers, small dice
2 can whole tomatoes, coarse purée
1 tsp cumin, toasted, ground
½ chipotle pepper, rehydrated, finely chopped
juice of 2 limes
1 large handful cilantro
salt and pepper
1. Ensure all your ingredients are prepped (chopped, minced, diced!).
2. Gently heat your vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan.
3. Add the garlic and onions to the pan, stirring to ensure that they do not stick. Cook until translucent.
4. Add the peppers and sauté for a few minutes more until they are just tender.
5. Add the tomato, cumin, chipotle, lime juice and cilantro.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.